2017 US Kids Golf World Championship (HK Qualifier)
Date: Saturday, 4 March 2017
Venue: HKGC (DWB)
Closing date for entries : Monday 13 February 2017
Conditions of Competition
Anti Doping Policy
1) The 2017 US Kids Golf World Championship (HK Qualifier) will be played in accordance with the Rules of Golf as approved by the Royal & Ancient Rules Limited and with the Local Rules approved by the Tournament Committee.
2) The Tournament shall be stroke play over one (1) round of 9 holes for all age groups.
Maximum Handicap Index:
36.4 for boys (aged 11 – 14), play from Red Tees
36.4 for boys (aged 10 & under), play from Red Tees
40.4 for girls (aged 13 – 14), play from Red Tees
40.4 for girls (aged 12 & under), play from Red Tees
||7 years and under
|6 years & under
**A player’s age on July 31, 2017 will determine his/her age for this tournament.
** The winner of each age group will be invited to play in the US Kids Golf World Championship. Date to be confirmed.
In the event of over subscription, priority in each age group will be given to players with lower handicaps taking precedence. Unsuccessful entrants will be given the opportunity to compete in the event of withdrawals. Entry fees will be refunded to unsuccessful entrants who do not compete.
All competitors must be in possession of a current handicap updated within the last 3 months
A marker will accompany each group in the 10 years and under Divisions and where possible in the 11-12 years Divisions.
3) In the event of a tie in the competitions the result will be decided by a count back.
The count back procedure to be used will be:
The winner will be the player having the best gross score over nine holes. If the tying players have the same score for the nine holes, the winner will be determined by the scores over the last six, last three, last hole. If the players are still tied, continue backwards from the last hole until a winner is determined. If this system does not produce a winner, the winner shall then be decided by the toss of a coin.
Maximum Stroke Allowance:
Please note that a player who cannot finish a hole in under 11 strokes, he/she must pick up their ball and mark an “X” on the scoreboard. Any player with an “X” on their score cards will not be eligible to win a prize.
4) The specimen conditions in the Rules of Golf effective 2016 as regards Conforming Driver Heads (see pages 154) and Conforming Golf Balls (see page 155) are in effect.
5) Any driver the player carries must have a clubhead, identified by model and loft, that is named on the current List of Conforming Driver Heads issued by the R&A.
It is the responsibility of all players to ensure that their driver is listed on the R&A list of Conforming Driver Heads.
The Tournament Committee reserves the right to inspect any driver at any time during the tournament.
Penalty for making a stroke with club in breach of condition: Disqualification
For details, please visit R&A website at www.randa.org
6) Competitors in all groups must carry their own clubs or use trolleys. Limited club trolleys are available on first come first served basis. It is suggested that competitors bring their own trolley as there may not be sufficient at the golf club.
Penalty for Breach of Condition: Disqualification
Caddies are not permitted.
Penalty for Breach of Condition: Disqualification
7) During a stipulated round, the use of a mobile phone is regarded as a serious breach of etiquette for which the penalty may be disqualification.
8) During a stipulated round, the use of a distance measuring device is not allowed.
Penalty of Breach of Condition: Disqualification.
9) A copy of the full Pace of Play conditions will be posted at the Tournament Office and will be available on request.
10) Return of Score cards
Competitors must ensure that they return their scorecard to the tournament office within 5 minutes of completing their round.
Penalty for Breach of Condition: Disqualification.
11) The Tournament Committee may require a player to withdraw from the Championship if it is felt the player does not have a basic understanding of the Rules of Golf which includes etiquette, or the requisite golfing standard.
The Tournament Committee shall be appointed by the Hong Kong Golf Association and shall consist of:
(a) Hong Kong Golf Association Chairman, Rules (or an authorized deputy)
(b) Hong Kong Golf Association Chairman, Tournaments (or an authorized deputy)
(c) The Tournament Director (or an authorized deputy)
For the purposes of Rule 33-7 a quorum shall consist of any two of the above persons. Decisions of the Tournament Committee shall be final and binding on all concerned.
12) Breaches of Discipline
A player commits a breach of discipline if he /she:
i) Knowingly fails to comply with the Rules of Golf with an intention of gaining an advantage over another player;
ii) Knowingly returns a false score.
iii) Verbally threatens any person during the Championship.
iv) Uses abusive or profane language during the Championship;
v) Behaves in a manner detrimental to the good name and reputation of the HKGA;
vi) Brings the game of golf into disrepute;
vii) Misses a tee time or withdraws from the Championship before its completion without providing good and sufficient reason.
viii) Is under the influence of and/or uses drugs prohibited by the WADA anti-doping policy.
Breach of Etiquette
A player commits a breach of etiquette if he/she:
i) Does not repair Divots
ii) Does not repair Pitch Marks
iii) Does not rake Bunkers
The Tournament Committee may in the case of a breach of discipline either disqualify a player from the competition or impose such other penalty or reprimand as it deems appropriate in the circumstances. Please refer to the HKGA Discipline Procedure and Right of Appeal policy on the HKGA website.
13) Event Cancellation Policy
If the Tournament has to be cancelled due to inclement weather or if the course is closed for any reason necessitating cancellation, the following policy regarding the refund of entry fees will apply and entries are only accepted on this basis.
If the event is cancelled prior to any play taking place, all entry fees will be refunded.
Once any play has commenced, no refund of entry fees will be made.
14) In case of inclement weather all competitors should check the HKGA website www.hkga.com where up to date information will be posted at regular intervals.
15) Withdrawal Policy
There is no penalty if a player withdraws before the date of the close of entries 13 February 2017. Should a player withdraw after date of the close of entries, the entry fee will be forfeited and should the player fail to give less than 72 hours notice before the date of the tournament, the player will be suspended from playing in the tournament the following year.
16) The Tournament Committee reserves the right to amend these tournament conditions.
Additional Notes to Players
1) The starting field will be 80. In the event of entries exceeding this number, entries will be decided using handicap index. Lower handicaps taking precedence. Unsuccessful entrants will be given the opportunity to compete in the event of withdrawals. Entry fees will be refunded to unsuccessful entrants who do not compete.
2) Spectators are not allowed on the course.
3) All entries will be subject to the approval of the Tournament Committee which reserves the right to accept or refuse, or having accepted, subsequently reject any entry without giving a reason for its decision.
4) It is the responsibility of each player to be aware of and abide by, the Dress Code for the Host Club. A copy of this will be posted on the Information Board at the Tournament office. Both on and off the Course and in the Clubhouse, players should observe reasonable, inoffensive manner of dress.
In general however, the following rules should be observed.
a) Denim wear including jeans, is not permitted
b) Swimwear and athletic attire including tracksuits, shorts, T-shirts and sports shoes are not allowed.
c) Footwear should be worn at all times, not changed in public areas and notice taken of Host Club rules regarding spike shoes.
d) Hats or caps should not be worn in the Clubhouse.
5) All players must have insurance to cover any incident that might occur on or around the golf course. The HKGA accepts no reasonability for any injury to any person or damage to equipment.
6) Prizes will be awarded as follows:
A trophy will be awarded to the top 3 players in each Age Group in the boys’ and girls’ divisions.
Anti Doping Policy
The Anti-Doping policy as confirmed by the International Golf Federation, Hong Kong Anti-Doping Committee and the Sports Federation & Olympic Committee of Hong Kong will be in force.