HKGA Spring Mens Tournament 2017
Date: Monday, 6 March 2017
Closing date for entries : Friday 17 February 2017
Conditions of Competition
Entry Form (Updated)
Anti Doping Policy
1) Spring Men’s Tournament 2017 will be played in accordance with the Rules of Golf as approved by the Royal & Ancient Rules Limited and with the Local Rules approved by the Tournament Committee.
2) Competitors will play 18 holes on Monday 6 March 2017.
3) In the event of a tie in the competitions the result will be decided by a countback.
The countback procedure to be used will be:-
The winner will be the player scoring the highest number of Stableford points over the last nine holes, if there is still no outright winner, then the winner will be determined by the points scored over the last six, the last three, and finally the last hole. If this system does not produce a winner the result will be decided by the highest Stableford points on holes 1-9 and then from 4-9 and 7-9 and finally hole 9. If a winner is still not determined, the result will be decided by the toss of a coin.
4) The specimen conditions in the Rules of Golf effective 2016 as regarding Conforming Driver Heads (see pages 154) and Conforming Golf Balls (see page 155) are in effect.
5) Any driver the player carries must have a clubhead, identified by model and loft, that is named on the current List of Conforming Driver Heads issued by the R&A.
It is the responsibility of all players to ensure that their driver is listed on the R&A list of Conforming Driver heads.
The Tournament Committee reserves the right to inspect any driver at any time during the tournament.
Penalty for making a stroke with club in breach of condition: Disqualification
For details, please visit R&A website at www.randa.org
6) Players are permitted to ride on golf carts. However players who wish to drive a golf cart must show their current valid Hong Kong driving license before being allowed to drive a golf car.
The use of trolleys or motorized golf carts will be permitted but is not mandatory.
Competitors who use a golf cart will be charged HK$130 per person for sharing. No more than two carts per playing group are allowed except when a shuttle is provided by the Committee or otherwise authorized by a Rules Official (see page 159 of the Rules of Golf Effective 2016).
Caddies are not permitted at the Clearwater Bay Golf & Country Club.
Penalty for Breach of Condition: Disqualification.
N.B.: Players may not allow any person to ride on the motorized golf cart with them during a competition round unless that person is a fellow competitor who is sharing the cart.
Penalty for Breach of Condition : Two strokes for each hole at which any breach occurred; maximum penalty per round : four strokes
7) During a stipulated round, the use of a mobile phone is regarded as a serious breach of etiquette for which a penalty of disqualification may be imposed.
8) During a stipulated round, the use of a distance measuring device is allowed.
A player may obtain distance information by use of a distance-measuring device. If, during a stipulated round, a player uses a distance-measuring device to gauge or measure other conditions that might affect his play (e.g. elevation change, wind speed, etc), the player is in breach of Rule 14-3.
Penalty for Breach of condition: 2 strokes for the first offence, disqualification for more than one breach of the local rule
9) A copy of the full Pace of Play conditions will be posted at the Tournament Office and will be available on request.
For Stableford Competition
If players have no chance of scoring points on a hole they must pick up their ball in order to speed up play. Stableford points will be calculated by the official scorers. If a player does not finish a hole, mark with a “X”.
10) Return of Score cards
Competitors must ensure that they return their scorecard to the tournament office within 15 minutes of completing their round.
Penalty for Breach of Condition: Disqualification.
11) The Tournament Committee may require a player to withdraw from the Championship if it is felt that the player does not have a basic understanding of the Rules of Golf which includes etiquette, or the requisite golfing standard.
The Tournament Committee shall be appointed by the Hong Kong Golf Association and shall consist of:
(a) Hong Kong Golf Association Chairman, Rules (or an authorized deputy)
(b) Hong Kong Golf Association Chairman, Tournaments (or an authorized deputy)
(c) The Tournament Director (or an authorized deputy)
For the purposes of Rule 33-7 a quorum shall consist of any two of the above persons. Decisions of the Tournament Committee shall be final and binding on all concerned.
12) Entrants must be a resident in Hong Kong for at least six months immediately prior to the commencement of the Tournament, or were born in Hong Kong.
Entries will be accepted from male amateur players who handicap index does not exceed 23.8 under the USGA handicapping system as of the closing date. All competitors must be in possession of a current HKGA handicap updated within the last 3 months.
The Golf Association will make any necessary adjustment if your handicap index has changed. Please note that scorecards will state the handicaps based on the course you are playing according to the USGA handicap system. The maximum course handicap for the Stableford competition will be 24 play from WHITE TEE.
13) Breaches of Discipline
A player commits a breach of discipline if he :
i) Knowingly fails to comply with the Rules of Golf with an intention of gaining an advantage over another player;
ii) Knowingly returns a false score.
iii) Verbally threatens any person during the Championship.
iv) Uses abusive or profane language during the Championship;
v) Behaves in a manner detrimental to the good name and reputation of the HKGA;
vi) Brings the game of golf into disrepute;
vii) Misses a tee time or withdraws from the Championship before its completion without providing good and sufficient reason.
viii) Is under the influence of and/or uses drugs prohibited by the WADA anti-doping policy.
The Tournament Committee may in the case of a breach of discipline either disqualify a player from the competition or impose such other penalty or reprimand as it deems appropriate in the circumstances. Please refer to the HKGA Discipline Procedure and Right of Appeal policy on the official HKGA website.
14) Event Cancellation Policy
If the Tournament has to be cancelled due to inclement weather or if the course is closed for any reason necessitating cancellation, the following policy regarding the refund of entry fees will apply and entries are only accepted on this basis.
If the event is cancelled prior to any play taking place, all entry fees will be refunded.
Once any play has commenced, no refund of entry fees will be made.
15) In case of inclement weather all competitors should check the HKGA website www.hkga.com where up to date information will be posted at regular intervals.
16) Withdrawal Policy
There is no penalty if a player withdraws before the date of the close of entries 17 February 2017. Should a player withdraw after date of the close of entries, the entry fee will be forfeited and should the player fail to give less than 72 hours notice before the date of the tournament, the player will be suspended from playing in the tournament the following year.
17) The Tournament Committee reserves the right to amend these Championship conditions.
Additional Notes to Players
1) The starting field will be 96. In the event of over subscription, entries will be decided by ballot. Unsuccessful entrants will be given the opportunity to compete in the event of any withdrawals. Entry fees will be refunded to unsuccessful entrants who do not compete.
2) Spectators are not allowed on the course.
3) All entries will be subject to the approval of the Tournament Committee which reserves the right to accept or refuse, or having accepted, subsequently reject any entry without giving a reason for its decision.
4) It is the responsibility of each player to be aware of and abide by, the Dress Code for the Host Club. A copy of this will be posted on the Information Board at the Tournament office. Both on and off the Course and in the Clubhouse, players should observe reasonable, inoffensive manner of dress.
In general however, the following rules should be observed.
a) Denim wear including jeans, is not permitted
b) Swimwear and athletic attire including tracksuits, shorts, T-shirts and sports shoes are not allowed.
c) Footwear should be worn at all times, not changed in public areas and notice taken of Host Club rules regarding spike shoes.
d) Hats or caps should not be worn in the Clubhouse.
5) All players must have insurance to cover any incident that might occur on or around the golf course. The HKGA accepts no reasonability for any injury to any person or damage to equipment.
6) Prizes will be awarded as follows:
STABLEFORD (GROSS): Winner, Runner Up and Third Place
STABLEFORD (NETT): Winner, Runner Up and Third Place
The Prize Giving Ceremony will be held as soon as possible after the completion of play and all competitors are cordially invited to a snack buffet.
Prize winners are expected to attend the Prize Presentation Ceremony to collect their prizes.
No person can win more than one prize.
Anti Doping Policy
The Anti-Doping policy as confirmed by the International Golf Federation, Hong Kong Anti-Doping Committee and the Sports Federation & Olympic Committee of Hong Kong will be in force.