Hong Kong Junior Close Championship 2017 (Aged 7-10)
Date: Thursday, 13 April 2017
Venue: HKGC (DWB)
Closing Date for entries : 27 March 2017
Conditions of Competition
Anti Doping Policy
1) The Hong Kong Junior Close Championship 2017 will be decided by stroke play which will be played in accordance with the Rules of Golf as approved by the Royal & Ancient Rules Limited and with the Local Rules approved by the Tournament Committee.
2) Competitors in groups A-D will play 18 holes on 19 April 2017 and 18 holes on 20 April 2017. After the completion of 36 holes, a cut will be made. There should be around 50% of the field for the final day. The “number of players” who will enter the final round on 21 April 2017 will be announced prior to the start of the competition on 20 April 2017. Competitors in groups E and F will play 18 holes on 20 April 2017 and another 18 holes on 21 April 2017. Competitors in groups G-J will play 18 holes on 13 April 2017 at the Hong Kong Golf Club, Deep Water Bay.
Please note that a cut will be made after round 1 in Divisions A-D and E & F and any player scoring over 100 be removed from the field.
Individual competitions will be conducted over boys and girls’ divisions, in their respective age groups as follows:
|Boys || |
|Tee ||Girls || |
|Group A: 15-17 years ||12.1 ||Black ||Group B: 15-17 years ||14.3 ||Blue |
|Group C: 13-14 years ||18.0 ||Black ||Group D: 13-14 years ||21.2 ||Blue |
|Group E: 11-12 years ||24.2 ||Blue ||Group F: 11-12 years ||28.4 ||White |
|Group G: 9 - 10 years ||34.3 ||Red/White ||Group H: 9-10 years ||34.3 ||Red/White |
|Group I: 7-8 years ||40.0 ||Red/White ||Group J: 7-8 years ||40.0 ||Red/White |
A marker will accompany each group in the 10 years and under Divisions and where possible in the 11-12 years Divisions.
3) In the event of a tie for the Overall Championship a sudden-death play-off will be conducted immediately to determine the winner. The play off holes will be decided by the Tournament Director. All other ties will be decided by a count-back.
4) The winner will be the player having the lowest gross score over the last 18 holes (then the last 9, last 6, last 3, and last hole; then follow by holes 1-9, 4-9, 7-9 and hole 9). If a tie still arises, the scores of the immediate previous round will be applied in the same way. If a winner is still not determined after the score of the first round is applied, the result will be decided by the toss of a coin
5) The specimen conditions in the Rules of Golf effective 2016 as regards Conforming Driver Heads (see pages 154), and Conforming Golf Balls (see page 155) are in effect.
6) Any driver the player carries must have a clubhead, identified by model and loft, that is named on the current List of Conforming Driver Heads issued by the R&A.
It is the responsibility of all players to ensure that their driver is listed on the R&A list of Conforming Driver heads.
The Tournament Committee reserves the right to inspect any driver at any time during the tournament.
Penalty for making a stroke with club in breach of condition: Disqualification
7) Competitors must carry their own clubs or use trolleys except when a shuttle is provided by the Committee or otherwise authorized by a Rules Official (Please refer to the Rules of Golf Effective 2016 page 159). Limited Club manual trolleys are provided on first-come-first-serve basis. Private trolley is also allowed.
Penalty of Breach of Condition: Disqualification.
8) During a stipulated round, the use of a mobile phone is regarded as a serious breach of etiquette for which a penalty of disqualification may be imposed.
9) During a stipulated round, players in the 13-17 age group are allowed to use a Distance measuring device. Players in the younger age groups are not allowed to use a Distance measuring device during a stipulated round.
A player may obtain distance information by use of a distance-measuring device. If, during a stipulated round, a player uses a distance-measuring device to gauge or measure other conditions that might affect his / her play (e.g. elevation change, wind speed, etc), the player is in breach of Rule 14-3.
Penalty for Breach of Condition: 2 strokes for the first offence, disqualification for more than one breach of the local rule
10) A copy of the Pace of Play conditions will be posted at the Tournament Office and will be available on request.
11) Return of Score cards
Competitors must ensure that they return their scorecard to the tournament office within 15 minutes of completing their round.
Penalty for Breach of Condition: Disqualification.
12) The Tournament Committee may require a player to withdraw from the Championship if it is felt that the player does not have a basic understanding of the Rules of Golf which includes etiquette, or the requisite golfing standard.
The Tournament Committee shall be appointed by the Hong Kong Golf Association and shall consist of:
(a) Hong Kong Golf Association Chairman, Rules (or an authorized deputy)
(b) Hong Kong Golf Association Chairman, Tournaments (or an authorized deputy)
(c) The Tournament Director (or an authorized deputy)
For the purposes of Rule 33-7 a quorum shall consist of any two of the above persons. Decisions of the Tournament Committee shall be final and binding on all concerned.
13) Breaches of Discipline
A player commits a breach of discipline if he /she :
i) Knowingly fails to comply with the Rules of Golf with an intention of gaining an advantage over another player;
ii) Knowingly returns a false score.
iii) Verbally threatens any person during the Championship.
iv) Uses abusive or profane language during the Championship;
v) Behaves in a manner detrimental to the good name and reputation of the HKGA;
vi) Brings the game of golf into disrepute;
vii) Misses a tee time or withdraws from the Championship before its completion without providing good and sufficient reason.
viii) Is under the influence of and/or uses drugs prohibited by the WADA anti-doping policy.
Breach of Etiquette
A player commits a breach of etiquette if he/ she:
i) Does not repair Divots
ii) Does not repair Pitch Marks
iii) Does not rake Bunkers
The Tournament Committee may in the case of a breach of discipline either disqualify a player from the competition or impose such other penalty or reprimand as it deems appropriate in the circumstances. Please refer to the HKGA Discipline Procedure and Right of Appeal policy on the official HKGA website.
14) Event Cancellation Policy
If the Tournament has to be cancelled due to inclement weather or if the course is closed for any reason necessitating cancellation, the following policy regarding the refund of entry fees will apply and entries are only accepted on this basis.
If the event is cancelled prior to any play taking place, all entry fees will be refunded.
Once any play has commenced, no refund of entry fees will be made.
In case of inclement weather all competitors should check the HKGA website www.hkga.com where up to date information will be posted at regular intervals.
15) Withdrawal Policy
There is no penalty if a player withdraws before the date of the close of entries 27 March 2017. Should a player withdraw after the date of the close of entries, the entry fee will be forfeited and should the player fail to give less than 72 hours notice before the date of the tournament, the player will be suspended from playing in the tournament the following year.
16) The Tournament Committee reserves the right to amend these Championship conditions.
Additional Notes to Players
1) The starting field will be 90. In the event of entries exceeding this number, entries will be decided using handicap index. Lower handicaps taking precedence. Unsuccessful entrants will be given the opportunity to compete in the event of withdrawals. Entry fees will be refunded to unsuccessful entrants who do not compete.
2) Spectators are allowed on the Hong Kong Golf Club, Fanling Golf Course but must stay away from the players if asked by an official to do so, and must remain on the cart paths and or roads when these are available.
3) All entries will be subject to the approval of the Tournament Committee which reserves the right to accept or refuse, or having accepted, subsequently reject any entry without giving reason for its decision.
4) It is the responsibility of each player as well as the spectators to be aware of and abide by, the Dress Code for the Host Club. A copy of this will be posted on the Information Board at the Tournament office. Both on and off the Course and in the Clubhouse, players should observe reasonable, inoffensive manner of dress.
In general however, the following rules should be observed.
a) Denim wear including jeans, is not permitted
b) Swimwear and athletic attire including tracksuits, shorts, T-shirts and sports shoes are not allowed.
c) Footwear should be worn at all times, not changed in public areas and notice taken of Host Club rules regarding spike shoes.
d) Hats or caps should not be worn in the Clubhouse.
5) All players must have insurance to cover any incident that might occur on or around the golf course. The HKGA accepts no reasonability for any injury to any person or damage to equipment.
6) Prizes will be awarded as follows:
Overall Champion (Boy) with the best gross score over 54 holes playing from the black tee markers
Overall Champion (Girl) with the best gross score over 54 holes playing from the blue tee markers.
There will also be prizes awarded in each Age Group in the boys’ and girls’ divisions.
All perpetual trophies will remain in the custody of the HKGA.
Anti Doping Policy
The Anti-Doping policy as confirmed by the International Golf Federation, Hong Kong Anti-Doping Committee and the Sports Federation & Olympic Committee of Hong Kong will be in force.